Wandering Scribbles

The collected wanderings of a demented old nutter !!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Thursday, May 04, 2006

JOURNAL OF A SOLITUDE

For those of you who have been following the exploits of Wandering Scribe then you will know why this entry has been made.

"JOURNAL OF A SOLITUDE" By MAY SARTON (Excerpt)

January 8th
Yesterday was a strange, hurried, uncentered day; yet I did not have to go out, the sun shone. Today, I feel centered and time is a friend instead of the old enemy. It was zero this morning. I have a fire burning in my study, yellow roses and mimosa on my desk. There is an atmosphere of festival, of release, in the house. We are one, the house and I, and I am happy to be alone - time to think, time to be. This kind of open-ended time is the only luxury that really counts and I feel stupendously rich to have it. And for the moment I have a sense of fulfillment both about my life and about my work that I rarely experienced until this year, or perhaps until these last weeks. I look to my left and the transparent blue sky behind a flame-colored cyclamen, lifting about thirty winged flowers to the light, makes an impression of stained glass, light-flooded. I have put the vast heap of unanswered letters into a box at my feet, so I don't see them. And now I am going to make one more try to get that poem right. The last line is still the problem...

... think I'll go out and buy it before it gets sold out !!
It also sounds like a blog - especially the actual mail box at her feet with the unanswered posts.